Wednesday, June 8, 2016

well.....

So.... we got in our rides until Kansas. Fleck is still pretty lame. Not as crippled lame like he was, but still pretty lame. Sigh...
Then he got 5 days off when I went to Kansas. I got back on Monday morning and rode in the front field. He was actually pretty good and felt much more sound. I didn't get a cramp posting. :) And he wasn't tripping and losing his stifle until towards the end and that was only after I commented on how he wasn't even tripping. Oops. 
Tuesday I rode at High Point in the arena and he actually felt pretty darn sound. We did 10 minutes each direction. I even worked on leg yielding, shoulder ins, haunches in, and did some direction changes. At about the 9th minute I started to feel some hesitations, but it wasn't until then. Even Peri said he looked pretty sound until then. So... maybe it is a fitness thing...
  
And then today... we snuck in a quick ride at Ashland. I decided we really didn't want to do more circles in the front field again. Even though that front field is more fun than my front field. But still... I wanted to hit the trails. So we did. We trotted for about 25 minutes but had to walk in certain spots. He felt fairly good on the trails but then... I started to notice some hesitations. As I finished our ride we saw Judy and I had her watch, him. I don't know if it was the footing, the tighter turns, or the lack of him being put together or what, but he felt worse. So she offered to take video. So I did. He looks better than he feels but you can see it. So... sigh....

But we had a most enjoyable evening out on the trail together, enjoying each others company. :) I do love him... even if that's all we get to do from now on.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment