Sunday, December 17, 2017

My Heart and Soul

Oh how I love this silly horse!!

This weekend has been a little rough. I'm struggling with lots of things... and the weather was terrible. In fact,  it started drizzling while I was on Danny and I almost didn't get on Fleck. BUT... it had been so long since I've ridden him and the rain slacked off when I finished with Danny.... 

So I hopped on him super quick. It started to drizzle again as we got out of the parking lot, but that was okay. We headed to the XC field and Fleck was spooking at the standards set up in the field. They had set up a gallop track so that you could check your pace and had signs saying "350, 400, etc" on them.  Fleck knew they weren't there last time but I guess couldn't figure out what they were, so he got all spooky. :) He cracks me up.

Stephanie and Christy were there riding and were at the water complex, so we wandered down to say hi. It was fun to see them. We chatted and walked into the water to give Ella a lead. And then after a bit I decided I was going to get on with my ride. I went to head off and Fleck did a little bit of a bolt with his porpoising "bucks". Ha ha... I was cracking up. I honestly couldn't stop him but he wasn't going very fast. Luckily he didn't spook Ella or Ava and I managed to pull him up finally. So then we started trotting off and he busted into a gallop. (His version anyways, but it was a gallop for him!). And we galloped to the lake. He's such a goober! But... he always knows how to make my heart and soul feel better. He knew I needed a giggle and a laugh and some speed. And he didn't give me a choice in the matter. :)

So then it started raining pretty hard, so I decided it was getting too cold and we needed to head back. We trotted a good bit and cantered a bit more as we headed home. All on his accord.... He was feisty. :) 

I love him so!





No comments:

Post a Comment