Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dressage Goodness!

Alright!!!!! Another great dressage lesson!!! Flecky is amazing and Cindy is wonderful!!!!

So... I started off at the walk and Cindy noticed how "busy" I was. I must make him sensitive to my aids... So, when he is putzing around... don't just nag him... ask once.. if he doesn't respond, then pony club kick (or squeeze harder) and then carry on. No nagging!!! Also, I must remember to KEEP MY SEAT MOVING!!! I noticed today that when he starts getting short and slow... I stop moving my seat and brace and... that's not conducive! ;) At least I realized it today. Yay!!! It's slowly sinking in Cindy ;)

 So then we got some great trot work and even did the canter to trot across the diagonal without him bolting like yesterday ;)

Then we went to the canter transition... from the walk. Just walk... and then.. just canter. It's that simple. Cindy didn't want me to react.... to throw myself forward... just canter... and.. badum! So... we did!!! It wasn't perfect, and Fleck and I didn't believe in it at first, so it wasn't beautiful. But it got better. Then canter to walk.. then walk to canter. I wasn't riding the transitions attempting to go from the walk to the canter and maintaining both of those gaits. Instead I was riding the transition. Instead... Cindy wanted me to ride the canter.. then ride the walk. Maintain the true gait... keep the inside bend...
And lo and behold.. it worked!!!
I rode the canter.. then asked for the walk by riding the walk with my body, and... badum. :) :) :) BEAUTIFUL downward transition... Fleck stayed round, soft, on the bit, and supple. I kept my body position in place... and ahhhhhhhhhh, the angels sang, the sun broke through the clouds (and through the arena!).... ahhhhhhhh... :) It was lovely!!! Simply lovely. So we quit on that! :)

Ahhh..... now if I can just manage to remember that.... since tomorrow is Danny and Fleck trail ride.. then Friday is work, then Saturday is grid day.. so maybe Sunday. I MUST remember yesterday and today and get that back :) Cause it was AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment