Saturday, June 30, 2012

Optimistic again!

Whooo hoooo!!! I'm allowing myself some optimism. Cause I'm happier that way.

Fleck seems to be in a much better mood and also seems to feel better!! And this is despite not having any true "treatments" yet. His IRAP is still on back order and he just got his first laser session today. In the meantime, he's had time off, light trail rides, and I've increased his glucosamine and pentosan dosing schedule. He also had about 8 days of previcox and is now on BL solution and MSM and Recovery EQ. And he seems happier. Perhaps it's just that we've stopped poking and prodding him and trying to make him lame. ;)

But we've been having fun. We've been trail riding galore. And quite honestly... it's HOT and miserable, so trail riding is just fine. Like... 111 degrees HOT!!! We went to Ashland and went swimming. Well, Fleck went in up to his barrel, but we'll get there. We've got to the horse park and Charlie Elliot. We took Dan along and did some walks with him. So.. yep, we've been having fun.
 


The laser therapy is pretty cool and I'm hoping that between that, the IRAP, and some hard core religious maintenance and management... we'll be back in work soon. If not.. well, those trail rides will still be fun long term.

But again, I'm allowing myself to be highly optimistic. He cantered happily today... not asking when he could stop. I had to stop him! And I sorta think he was partially trying to buck me off :)

Yay!!!! In the words of Jason Mraz.....







When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
or a beautiful sunrise
Theres so much they hold
just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
to be right where you are
How old is your soul?







I won't give up on us
even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
And when you're needing your space
to do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
to see what you find.











Cause even the stars, they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No I won't give up
                        I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make.
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
the tools and gifts we've got, yeah we got a lot at stake.
And in the end, you're still my friend, at least we did intend
for us to work, we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got and what I'm not,
And who I am

.







No, I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough.       
I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up.
I'm still looking up.
I won't give up, God knows I'm tough enough
I am tough, I am loved,
We've got a lot to learn, we are alive, we are worth it.
God knows we're worth it.
I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough.
I'm giving you all my love, I'm still looking up.
I'm still looking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment