Thursday, May 26, 2022

Subbing in

So.... long story short, but... Dan is out for a bit. He had arthroscopy and is on stall rest for a month, small paddock rest for another month, and then *technically* two months of pasture turn out with no riding. And.... we had Peri's bucket list beach trip planned soon. So... Flecky's manning up and subbing in. And in reality... it's kind of a blessing in disguise. I've been so stressed and busy that I've been basically ignoring Fleck. And I hate that. I know I will regret it. But I can't freakin' seem to find time to do more than occasionally groom him or bemer him. So... this will be a nice silver lining. And I think he'll enjoy himself too. 

Today, I wanted to go to Ashland to ride and meet Kelli, but honestly... after dealing with people and being busy and stressed... I just was too peopled out. So I opted to ride at home, which left me much more time to do other things. And it meant that Fleck only had to deal with being ridden vs hauling too this first time out. 

So we did the neighborhood loop. And it's hot and I'm not even sure my saddle fits, so we just went bareback. And man oh man... Flecky had his motor on! I had forgotten about the TB forward. Yes, he's still lame. And yes, his stride is short and choppy, but he was motoring! Probably a bit of nerves too. He was quite inverted and chompy. But he went and eventually he settled and I was able to get him to stop inverting so much. So.... hopefully the beach trip will go well! He might be more stressed and animated than Dan would be. :) ha!






No comments:

Post a Comment