Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Struggle is Real.... and oh so FUN

Sigh....

I cannot decide what to do about poor Flecky. I really thought he was ready to retire. But then today... we went to the Vista to school XC and... my Flecky was back!! He was game and jumped like a beast! We even popped over a few intermediate fences. And... that was with an abscess brewing that got significantly worse by the end. And he was still dragging me around and wanting to do more.

We did lots of fun stuff, and I'm pretty sure there are videos coming soon. :)















Sigh... I love love love this horse... and really want him to be happy and comfy and live a long life of fun and happyness and retire to being my sound trail pony and doing whatever pony. But I also really love riding and jumping him and it's so hard to let go. I'm on the edge of the cliff, and clinging on for dear life, but I cannot make myself just let go.... I really think (but cannot promise) that if we decide to go to sporting days this weekend, and even if it does most wonderfully... I still think I'll retire him from prelim eventing. We may still play around schooling but the pressure of competing at that level is getting to me. I don't want to hurt him, injure him, kill him, etc.... because he's trying his heart out for me. And I know crap happens all the time unrelated to competing, but.. the pressures and maintenance and effort it takes, is taking a toll on me too. It's soooo much responsibility.

But I just cannot decide about sporting days. Although I guess we will see if we can fix his abscess first.

But man.... how I love this beast!!



 And this was after the darn trailer got stuck in the deep sand up the hill. And I had to tie them to the tree to see if I could get it unstuck without their weight. (I couldn't... had to get a tractor to tow me out). And Dan untied himself and went for a short little romp. Luckily only a very short little romp. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment