Saturday, December 10, 2016

Spectacular!!!

I rushed home after finishing work to try to sneak in a ride. Even though it was supposed to be my day off. Sigh.. Anyways, I finished and got home and was going to be at Ashland at 4 pm, but... when I went to grab Dan I noticed he had ripped half his shoe off. Sigh... So I got his shoe pulled off and flushed out his foot where he cut it and threw him in the stall. At this point it was close to 4:30. I debated staying home, but ended up taking Fleck. I'm so glad I did!!

It was pretty darn cold but I rode bareback and stayed warm. We just did a walk hack with Kelli but I did almost the entire ride with the reins tied in a loop over his neck and only used the neck strap. :) We finished with the sunset and went back to the trailers. 







About 2 minutes after getting off and getting his bridle off and my boots and helmet off I looked back and saw the spectacular sunset. And I said "oh man.. I've gotta get back on!". So I hopped on with just his halter and we trotted out to the field to see the sunset. It was AHHHHMAZING!! The photos don't do it justice. My lead rope wasn't long enough to loop so I basically only had the one rein. But Fleck was great and we just continued with our bridleless riding. :) 

Soooo amazing! I sort of needed that. :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment