Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Weekend!!!

Ahhhh.... weekends!!! Today was a long time coming and so desperately needed. It's been the first weekend in awhile that I've had to just... be. I got a good bit accomplished early this morning, while still getting an adequate nights sleep, and then I got to come ride. And I got to ENJOY my ride! I didn't have to rush through it. :) Kelli and I rode and took Dan and Arwyn to splash in the lake. And then she stayed on and joined me and Fleck for a splash in the lake again. It was a blast! Fleck was glad for the company and he so loves his lake time. We had fun and he was a bit sassy going out there. :)









 

Then today We went for another hack... Two in a row!!!Fleck has been getting naughty!!!
But it makes my heart smile!


We were chatting with some friends in the XC field and when we went to leave, Fleck stuck his head down and started crow hopping. Hee hee. Goober!

We had fun though. He's actually starting to feel pretty decent in the trot. The right lead canter is still terrible, but... the left lead isn't bad. :)

It was a lovely day for my ride with Fleck. There was a storm brewing and it gave the woods a creepy eerie feel. But there was a nice breeze too and a beautiful sky! It never did actually do anything other than threaten.

Ahhhhh.... I so love him. He brings me peace. I'm very grateful that we can still do this. It's not the same... and I still worry that I'm not showing him as much love as I did when we were competing and riding all the time. But I am very grateful. God knows what he's doing. It's a relief to not have to worry anymore about really breaking him, or even worse, losing him. And I really am enjoying just enjoying his company. He's gotten naughty for sure. ;) But it makes me happy that he's feeling good enough to be "naughty".

:) This was a good weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment