Thursday, February 8, 2018

I love him so!

Great day today!!!

I had a lesson with Beth at Morning Run and Cindy was riding right after me. We were hoping to go for a short hack together so she suggested I bring Fleck. And.. I'm so glad she did. It's supposed to rain all weekend, so I probably won't get to ride him then. And it was pretty today! And it was neat to have Fleck back at his ol' stomping grounds. Hee hee. Hard to believe we boarded there about 14 years ago. Wow!!

He was a nut ball today!! We got on and watched Cindy's lesson for a little bit. Her and Josie looked fantastic! Then we went for a hack. Flecky was all animated and kept jigging and trotting. So when we finished, I told her I needed to take him for a canter in the ring. There were two other girls in there but the ring is HUGE. So.. I let him canter and ... the fool took off!! He wasn't flying, but for him, he was. And he was going so fast that he almost busted his butt a few times. Goober. I felt bad but he was on a mission. I tried to get him to slow down but he kept busting out the fast pace. I hope I didn't disturb the other girls. So then I got him to trot and tried to walk but he kept going back up into the trot. Hee hee. He cracks me up. We did jump two tiny baby crossrails. Yay!! He had fun. So then I managed to get a polite canter or two and then some polite trots. And then we all headed in. 

Only I was having fun and didn't want to get off, so we hacked down the driveways a little ways. :) 

Man I love this horse... I'm so blessed. I'm so grateful that God has allowed him to be in my life and stay in my life. I hope that I can continue riding him for a long time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment