Saturday, February 3, 2018

Sunshine and Saturday

Ahhhhh.... What a great day!! Today it was sunny, not terribly miserably cold (albeit still pretty chilly), and I refused to do any work! NOPE!! Tomorrow it's supposed to rain, so tomorrow I will work. But today.. today was glorious!

I slept in.. I let the ponies get some grass and play in the front field. Then we all went to Ashland for some riding. And Fleck and I enjoyed a nice ride. :) We did some trotting, some cantering, and lots of walking. :) Oh how I love this horse!


It was so nice to get to spend some time with him too. I knew... I KNEW... that when I retired him that this would happen. He got put on the back burner. I didn't have time to ride.. didn't have time to groom, didn't have time to adjust, didn't have time to clip, etc, etc, etc. Sorry Buddy... quick hugs and feeding and back out you go. And sure... I snuggle with him for a few moments every night, but.... still. I knew it would happen and I hate it. So today... we played and reveled. I groomed him. I even conditioned and brushed his tail. We went for a fairly lengthy ride and just enjoyed each others company. And I feel better!! I hope he does too. 

I'm also hoping that the warm weather and longer days that are on the horizon will help me get more time with him. :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment