Sunday, August 5, 2012

Fleck's still got it!!!

Oh.... He KNOWS!!!!!

I was talking on the phone on the way to ride and even tacking up. Bad Mommy, I know. And I was chatting about trying to bring home Evie, a cute appy mare that is owned by Danny's breeders and seeing if I can teach her to event and have something fun to play on. You know, take the pressure off Fleck, etc. So then I finally got off the phone and we went for a ride. I rode with friends and we had a good time. Then I was planning to come back to the ring and ride, but Judy opted to go "larking" in the cross country field. I figured no problem, I can play out there too. I was planning on just w/t/c and feeling Fleck out. Well, Judy and I trotted off and then she went to jump a few things. Fleck lost his cool!!! He basically took off with me at a gallop across the field. So... okay, maybe I let him a little... But he wasn't giving me much of a choice. And I just had his loose ring snaffle in. So off we went at a gallop. Then I figured, you know.... if he feels this good, we might as well hop over a few jumps. Why not right?! He may not feel this good again. So we hopped over a few jumps. WHEEEEE!!! They were maybe BN fences, but still. We had fun!! Fleck even did a bucking spree afterwards. I don't think it was a painful buck, but a HAPPY buck!!! I think he missed it too.

So... we iced and iced after and liniment and have our fingers crossed that he feels this good tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment