Monday, August 20, 2012

NEVER again Mother... never again

ha ha... Poor Flecky..... I left for the weekend with Dan for his FEH debut. And poor Fleck stayed home. He was okay... he neighed after Dan a bit but seemed content. And I missed him... oh, how I missed him. But we both survived. Without even any grudges.

Or so I thought!! So the next day I went to pull the truck and trailer through the pasture to turn it around so Fleck and I could go ride.  Fleck neighed as loud as he could, then trotted after the truck and trailer, and followed it to the gate. Then he stood there staring at me. It was CLEARLY a warning... "Leave me again, and you're in BIG trouble"!!!

hee hee..... I love that he loves to work :)

So I obliged and we went and had some fun. :) So far so good. He was a little stiff and icky after my last trail ride. However, we figured out that was blocked/locked/stiff in his shoulders. I think he spent the ride trying to catch up and me trying to hold him back, etc and just got stuck. Once I did a little massage and some long and low and stretchy stuff he was back to swinging and forward and sound. Yay!!! We also ran through 1-3 the other day and he did really well :)

So whoo hooo... Again, one day at a time and I'm thanking God for each day that we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment