Friday, August 10, 2012

Thank you God!!!!

So.... I thank God every night for all the wonderful things in my life.... the beauty of this planet, my family, my friends, my job, my health, my pets, my ponies, the fact that I did not hit that car today when I wasn't quite paying attention before the turn.... But today... today is an extra special thanks!!!!  I am so glad and thankful that I still have Fleck and I can love and squeeze on him every day. I love being able to look out my window and see this view...

and I do cherish this more than anything else. BUT... today... today is a day of rejoicing!!

I really think Fleck is back!!!! And for how long, who knows?! But the Big Guy upstairs must have gotten tired of my whining too. :) I put Fleck back to work. We flatted twice, did a trail ride or two, and then... came the big test. Tuesday was dressage day with Aunt Cindy. I was so terrified that he'd still feel funky. But wonder of wonders, he felt AMAZING!!! Cindy didn't see any lameness. I didn't feel anything but one or two steps at the very end. And he was happy to work!!! And work we did! After about the 3rd canter lap I told Cindy that this was more cantering than we had done all summer!!! But we did shallow loop counter canters and some spiral ins. And wow.. he did great!!!! He was tired and sweating, but he was happy to do it. And man... it felt so good to be "home". Oh how I missed riding MY horse!!

So then I suppose the real test was the day after. How would he hold up?! Unfortunately, I worked Tues and Wed overnights, so he got Wednesday off. Thursday was the day to find out. And, unfortunately my timing was just horribly off. I started with a nap, which was a bad idea. Then went to get the oil changed, which needed to be done but took forever. Then by the time I got hom and hitched and loaded, the skies were black, the wind was whipping, and the thunder was rumbling in the distance. Well.... let's try to squeeze a ride in! Not quite.. got about 3 minutes into the ride and the rain started. With the new saddle... and more importantly the lightning in the distance, I decided it was stupid to keep trying. So I got off... and then it rained another hour or two. And then stopped, but by then I had pretty much given up. But... he felt pretty good during those two minutes!

So then today was another test. I had a jump lesson with Beth! I rode with Christina and Peri, which was fun. And Fleck had a BLAST!!! He was so glad to be jumping again! I have completely forgotten how to ride him, but that's okay. Everyone said he looked good and he felt so good he even did "the porpoise" again :) YAY!!!!!

So.... lots of icing and linimenting and lubing up with injectable meds and we'll keep going day by day and keeping our fingers crossed. Fleck seems much happier to be back in work and I am too!!! I"m trying to not let on to him... lest he feel he needs to keep it up.  But man it feels good to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment