Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Well that's not good...

Well crap!! :( 
I was so excited to get back on Fleck. I was home from Rolex, Home from Kansas... and ready to ride. He got new shoes on Monday and then I had to work, so I didn't get a chance to ride. I took him with me to my lesson on Tuesday, knowing it would be a tight squeeze, but determined to ride. 
Yeah..not so much. Flecky was lame. SOOO Lame. Like lamer than he's ever felt lame. Clearly lame and so lame I couldn't even tell where... It felt like every leg. :( :( After I got over the tears, I had Cindy watch him go. She thought the right hind was short and that he was sore and mincy on both fronts. Sobs.....
He was still happy to go but oh so lame. So... we meandered around the farm and then I got a quick video of him so I could send it to Dr. Bob and Dr. Stan. 


Then on Thursday I couldn't help myself. I took him with me to my lesson at Silverthorne, thinking that we could at least hack around the farm. I sort of thought that perhaps some of it was stiffness from being out of work, some of it was lack of stifle strength from lack of hill work, and that maybe, just maybe, walking hills would help and not hurt. So we did. It was nice to be on him and spend time with him. And the goats weren't out, so we survived. :) 





But man.. I really hope we can fix him. I'm going to miss this.....

1 comment: