Thursday, March 9, 2017

Babysitter

Today I had a lesson with Beth at Ashland so afterwards I rode Fleck to babysit Mighty and the young OTTB's on a trail ride. Flecky was pretty good and we ended up walking 4.5 miles! He felt pretty good and was frisky but inverted. I was hoping that the LS injectin would have fixed him, but.. it didn't. He felt better in the sense that he seemed more comfortable and easily picked up both the right and left leads. BUT... he felt more uneven today and was still fairly haunches in both ways. Peri and Beth both watched and said he looked short in the left hind. Hmmm..... Not sure if that's originating from the left hind... or the right front. Or both? 

Oh well. He's happy and I'm happy. I'll keep working and see if I can't get things any better. Oh, and then because it was so nice out, I gave him a quick bath and then clipped him tonight. I used my new (used) big clippers and WOW!!!! I really wish I hadn't waited til now to get them. They are amazing!!! So much easier to clip his butt. I did a full clip in about 30 minutes. Granted it wasn't super tidy and I didn't go over him quite as detailed as I would have had I still been showing him. BUT.. it went quick and he looks pretty darn good.  :) 

Of course now it's supposed to get cold again. But it was 70 plus today and I even got sunburned. And other than this weekend being in the 30's, it looks like mid to upper 40's as the lows at worst. Either way.. he has clothes if need be. ;) 




 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, he has clothes - a wardrobe, I am sure! Your ponies are always some of the best dressed in the area. ;)

    ReplyDelete