Sunday, September 9, 2012

GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute lovely day today!!! It was a gorgeous Fall day.... nice cool breeze, no humidity, only about 85, gorgeous blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds... Just GORGEOUS!!!



And what better way to spend a day like today than on a horse!!

Fleck and I met some friends and went out to play at Ashland. We got on and headed out to the cross country field for some jumping. Holy toledo!!! Fleck said that he was off "gallop restriction"! I planned to spend a good ten minutes walking him, then some trotting and cantering and then start jumping. Well... we walked to the XC field and then walked about 3 minutes before Fleck suddenly jumped up and down about 6 times and then just took off. Like flat out bolted with me. It wasn't vicous... it was "I'm DONE with this not having fun crap...we are galloping and we are galloping NOW"! The little turd was going so freakin' fast.... I don't think he's EVER gone that fast!! It was so fast that I started to get a little worried and I don't think he could turn real well his little legs were going so fast! I finally pulled him up and tried to trot a little and he took off with me again. I think we did about three mach 50 bolts before he finally settled enough to "warm up". Ha!! I'm soooo glad he felt that good but sooooo worried about his poor knees.

So we then did a real warm up... sorta! Hee hee... I can't help it.. I wanted to get on with it too. That's why we're such a good match. So we did some warm up and then started jumping. And he felt great!!! We jumped pretty much everything out there.. the corner both ways, the water drops, the log in and out of the water, the trakenher (which jumped Amazingly well for us!), the ditch and wall (novice sized but still) and the big coops and such. He even did the big prelim down bank. And he was oh so smart about it! He came down to the trot and went softly off it. Yay!!! Save those knees buddy! We had a blast!! And our friends were awesome too. We all had a great day.

Then we went back to the trailers and took off boots (ours and ponies) and saddles and hopped back on bareback to go to the lake. We had a great time splashing around. I still can't get Fleck to swim yet, but... he went out much deeper. We're just going to run out of hot weather potentially... But we still had fun. Then we went for a little trail ride and headed home.


 

All in all, a marvelous time with wonderful friends. Everyone was so thrilled with their horses... the weather was gorgeous, and the horses were also having the time of their lives. It was just a perfect day!


No comments:

Post a Comment