Sunday, September 9, 2012

Jumping Bean!!!

So... we're back to work officially I guess now :) Although, still.... I'm still making our mantra "Day by day".... I am making plans for the future but not going to stick to them if the need to change them arises. I think it's a good plan. And Fleck agrees!!! Although apparently he thinks we need to be a little less wishy washy and a little more "go-ey". :)

Anyways... we had an adult pony club lesson this weekend. Luckily for me it was with Beth, my regular jump coach. I ended up with a private lesson because the other girl I was riding with had to cancel. It was nice. We were the last of the Over the Hilltoppers and then there was a lunch break and then the Hilltoppers went. So.... Fleck got to show off :) He had the OTHers still around and then the Hilltoppers were all getting close to getting ready and were around, so... Fleck was in hog heaven. He likes being ooohed and aaahed over. And I will admit... I like it too! Not me... and certainly I was riding like a drunken monkey.. But I like to show Fleck off... I LOVE when people tell me how awesome he is. I know it, he knows it, but it's nice when others see it too.



Anyways, we had a good ride. Beth really got us working and changed things up as I needed them to be. So it was a very successful ride. We worked on getting back into prelim mode and speed, getting him rocked back, and keeping his shoulders through the turns and riding forward through the turns!!!! We also worked on my position and FINALLY my hands are starting to improve. :) Now to work on my leg. It's always something.


 
 


We did some fun roll backs and some bent lines. It was good stuff and Fleck was so happy to be jumping again. I was pleasantly surprised later to find out that they were very much set to training height and perhaps one or two even prelim height. I was thinking they looked sorta big and impressive but figured they were probably really only novice height. So it was nice to see my eye (or courage) hadn't shrunk that much. Yay!

Onward we go!! :) Still enjoying every second we get to have again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment