Friday, February 22, 2013

Rainy day and an indoor

So today was icky like predicted. But lucky for me... I have a fancy indoor to ride in! It actually wasn't really raining and I could have ridden at home, but it worked beautifully to swap, so I'm glad I did. I had a fabulous ride today with Cindy.

She reminded me to react with my seat and core, not my hands. And that while I wanted him round, I wanted to make his withers come up! And that was accomplished with my legs. We got what felt like some really nice work today. Now I just need to work on my timing and swiftness. I take too long to prepare for any change. We did walk to canter to walk to counter canter to walk and it just takes me to long to prep. But we had some really lovely canter and I felt like I was actually sitting. I just need to remind to ask for the gaits and rhythm with my hips. 

The most exciting thing is that his trot is back!!! I don't know what Cindy did to fix it, but it's back! We did some canter work first and then I had my awesome trot back. I need to remember to not get faster with my body so that Fleck gets faster with his too. And... we got a few steps of BIG GIRL half pass!!!! I was half passing and Cindy told me to get him fluffier (or something along those lines). She said to move my inside hip more. And I did.. and it worked. We got about four strides of REAL half pass. It was awesome!

It was a fun ride. :) And now I'm glad I'm snuggled back on my couch in warm fleecy clothing! The ponies are all snuggled in clothes too. Soon enough I'll have to go back out and feed, but for now... snuggly warm and dry. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment