Sunday, November 18, 2012

Two blues in a row!!!

We are on a roll!! 

Today was the annual Hilltoppers Pony Club fundraiser show. I volunteered in the morning and then rode Fleck in the afternoon. He was great!

He warmed up nicely despite some antics. hee hee. I love frisky Fleck!! Beth had me do a canter pirouette to help sit him on his hiney and make him load that hind end, thus straightening and improving his canter. It wasn't a real "pirouette" but we were attempting it and by attempting it, we accomplished the goal of improving the canter. So then we went into the ring. I didn't ride very well. I'm not sure what happened but I just... didn't ride very well. He was sorta behind my leg at first.. then he got bolty... I'm not sure if I lost my connection, or just braced.. but it wasn't a very good test. We actually scored our second best score yet though. I think the judge was generous. Accurate, and all her comments were correct, but I think she was a point generous in most places. But for a schooling show, that's kinda nice. We ended up with a 34.8. I was pleased with him though as he did what I asked him to do and willingly. I just needed to ride better. BUT... we managed to not jig through the walk and upwards! We got inverted and resistant but at least we stayed at the walk. His haults were mostly square. Our downward transitions were a bit better. And one of his canter lengthens got us an 8!! with the comment "Bold!". 





Then we got to jump. It was a fun course. He was awesome and went clean! Even when we were coming to the one stride and another horse came out of the woods.... Fleck spooked sideways but kept coming to his fence. He's such a good boy!

It was just Sarah Beth and I in our division and Mick wasn't cooperating very well in dressage, so we won. But it's all in fun. If Mick had behaved himself we probably would have been second as she had a beautiful stadium round also. 




It was a good day :) I also scored a bareback pad for Fleck.. only I have to add some length to the strap for his big ol' barrel. hee hee..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment