Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rainy Day Fun

So... this weekend has been miserable weather wise. It's been raining all night and icky, cold, rainy and dreary during the day. It kinda foiled my fun plans. BUT... it started clearing up and stayed that way so I figured.. might as well. :) So I grabbed Flecky and we hit the road. 

I really wanted to jump since I had a feeling that our Pony Club meeting (XC with Beth) was going to get cancelled too. So.. I tacked up (with stirrups... bad me, but.. it just hurts in the new saddle.. once I break it in, I promise to go back to no stirrups) and we headed out. I noticed that Kelli and Judy's trailers were there and sure enough... as we were heading out, they were heading in. So they joined me in the jump ring for a bit. :) Yay! 

We started out and Fleck was a little sticky. All my fault of course.. I wasn't collecting him and so he was running past his spots. Bless him though... as he jumped everything. No stopping like last time. :) So then I started to ride like I did last weekend. Collecting/shortening his stride but keeping the energy. And it worked! It got much better. So then I hopped off and bumped everything up a bit and went for another round or two. It was 90% great!!! We got really long to a few and then really short to one or two, but he jumped and I managed to fix it after. I'm totally LOVING this new ride :) 

Then we went for a short hack just to stretch his legs and enjoy the day as it still wasn't rainy. 



And of course... today Pony Club was cancelled.. even though it stopped raining around noon.  But it's so slick and wet. I'm debating whether it's worth going out to try and get a ride in. It poured and stormed last night. I could probably do dressage if Lucy hasn't closed the rings, but.. it's a good day to chill too. It's just that I'll ride Mon and Tues and then I work Tues night in addition to my Wed, Thurs, Fri nights, so... I'll either have to suck it up and sneak a ride in somewhere in that... or I should ride today. We'll see.. Right now I'm thinking about a nice nap on my warm couch next to my space heater. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment