Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Trail fun

I almost rode on the trails Monday after the horse show, but... it was cold and drizzly all day and I had pictures to edit and oooh and ahhh over, so... Fleck got the day off. And then because I worked Monday and Tueday overnight, he got Tuesday off too. So, I was a little anxious to see how he felt because not only did we run a horse trial (and I am ever cautious despite poulticing etc) but also because he got his feet done by a new farrier. He was very close to being due anyways and after XC we had a loose shoe. So while I was there... I just had him done. I figured if I didn't, he'd lose the shoe by Wed when I was able to ride again and I'd be frustrated, so... we went ahead and did him. We did something slightly different, but... Fleck felt good today!

He was leaving Kelli and Arwyn in the dust! Hee hee... I rode in the new saddle but since I had given stirrups up for Lent, I took them off. Man though... the billets and girth are definitely NOT comfortable without stirrups yet. I miss the monoflap for that reason. But it was comfy on my butt. We did a 4 mile loop but with our Woof Wear "Track my hack" app, it ended up being about 6 miles. We took an hour and 45 minutes to do it but were mostly walking. 



It was a fun day. And I'm glad Fleck is feeling good! That always makes me happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment