Friday, August 30, 2013

Oh Flecky....

I'm not exactly sure why but Fleck has gotten much more attached to his friends lately. Today I met Kelli at Ashland and he was obsessed with Arwyn. It was cute. She rode in the lower ring and I rode in the upper ring. Fleck did settle down and we accomplished some good work. We ran through the tests. The second level test is much easier to remember for some reason. Fleck was pretty darn good.

Towards the end Kelli had to leave but she came and sat on Arwyn for a second to watch me ride. She stood in front of the judges. Fleck and I finished our test, halted and saluted, and then I dropped the reins. Fleck took one step, then bolted into the canter towards Arwyn! Ha ha... Kelli and I were laughing so hard. It was like the movies... where it goes into slow motion and they drop everything and run to each other. Only Arwyn wasn't running. Hee hee. Kelli said I should have seen Fleck's face. goofy boy...


But yep.. it was a good day. And Kelli totally made my day! She commented on how nice my upper body position was and she could tell that I was using my core. She also said that I always had a nice following seat but today she could tell I was using my seat independently from my core and independently from my shoulders. WHAT WHAT?!?! :) GO ME!!! 

After Kelli left, Fleck and I did a bit more work. And hee hee... Man, he loves his canter/walk/canter work. I really feel like he's on the verge of changes!! He's just so balanced and ready for them! I feel like if I knew how to ask, we could get them. But he gets so excited about it that I can't get him to do the trot or walk steps in between the canter changes. Ha!! Flecky.. it's more than one walk or one trot step! Silly boy. After we finished with that, we went for a quick trail ride. He cracks me up. We came out of the woods into the XC field and he was all anxious. Ears up and pricked, head up, looking for Arwyn. Poor guy...

I so love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment