Thursday, October 9, 2014

My protector

Oh how I love this guy!! I decided to ride Danny at home so that he wouldn't have to sit on the trailer later when I went riding with Fleck. However, given the fact that Christina had fallen off while riding May at home alone... and ended up in the hospital for 2 or 3 days... I was just a bit leery. I know Dan's a good kid, but...
So I tacked him up and took him down to the ring behind the barn. He was good but started to get a bit fussy. Luckily Fleck came down the hill to see what was happening just about then. It was awesome... he came up and sniffed Dan and gave him the evil eye. It was like he was telling him "You behave or else!! That's MY momma you've got on board, so... best behavior bub!". And then he just hung out in the corner of the ring keeping a watchful eye.
Dan was a pretty good kid. He fussed a few times and once or twice dropped a shoulder to head back up the hill to the barn, but he was easy enough to get back on track. And every time he did it, Fleck lifted his head and stared. Hee hee..
 

Then after our ride I decided to take him in the front field for a little cool down. Fleck was chillin' but once we crossed the creek, he came trotting up to join us and led the way.
 

It totally made my day that he hung out with us the whole time. What a saint!

No comments:

Post a Comment