Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Deep thoughts... and handsome faces!

Oh how I miss riding this guy. It's just not the same... 

But... perhaps... it's for the best. Sigh... So, maybe it's Gods way of helping me cope with his inevitable retirement (not that I think it's soon, because we will do LOTS of things before he's officially retired and even then we will trail ride for fun until we can't and then we will hand walk and graze). Maybe it's Gods way of helping me devote the time to Dan, the time to my business and the time to my husband. Maybe it's a good lesson for me to learn. Patience little grasshopper. I'm just not good at it. I'm always striving for more, going for broke, hitting it hard and pushing on through. Maybe both Fleck and I need a REAL break. But it doesn't mean I have to like it. It's really hard not riding 5-7 days a week. It's really hard not getting our fitness work done, doing our homework and planning out our season. And it's especially hard when the weather is nice and my friends are competing, doing fun grids, going XC schooling, and beach riding. Sigh. 

But we will survive... because I won't give up.... I'm giving you all my love.... 

you belong to me and I belong to you



2 comments:

  1. hopefully his lay-up flies by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layup and rehab is unfortunately all part of horse ownership. Hopefully he recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete