Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lucky Signs

So..... it was kind of icky out today and I woke up utterly exhausted. The week has just worn me out. So I opted to sleep instead of ride. I figured that Fleck would benefit from another day off. Christina came out and we injected his knees. Not IRAP, just regular joint injections. I figured this would be the best bet to get him comfy and happy again and buy me some time with FENCE just around the corner. So... fingers crossed it does the trick and he's good to go for FENCE. If not... then oh well. We'll scratch and just go hang out. But I'm hoping he feels good. 

It was easy to get sucked back into things because he's been going soooooo well. Better than ever really. So... I realize that I was incredibly lucky to get another year out of him at this level... but I'm still wanting more. If possible... Because he is just so darn fun. And he obviously enjoys it when he feels good. 

I was feeling a little blue about it. Although I suspect most of it is just being over tired and stressed. But... while waiting for Christina to arrive I let Fleck graze in the back yard. I found the BIGGEST four leaf clover! With it being Easter Sunday, I decided that was God's way of telling me... it'll be okay. So... he'll get off Mon and Tues. He goes to Dr. Brown Wed, but I may try to sneak a ride in before then and see how he's feeling. And hopefully he'll be rip roaring and ready to go for FENCE. If not... then we go and hang out and have fun and retire to the lower levels or competitive trail. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment