Wednesday, April 3, 2013

So Far, So Good... but knocking on wood!

So.... I managed to sneak in a ride today. I worked and Fleck had a chiropractor appointment we had to leave for at 11:30. But I managed to sneak in a ride. We headed to Ashland and did some dressage. He felt much better than prior to his knee injections. We ran through Prelim Test A once and worked on some other things. He was good. A little spooky and distracted here and there, but good overall. Then we went for a short hack in the woods. Of course!



 
So then at the Chiropractor they have a new iron horse statue. Fleck got off the trailer all happy go lucky and then OMG!!!! WTF is that?!?! hee hee.. His eyeballs bugged out of his head, he backed up onto his tail and snorted! hee hee. He had a rib out and was sore in his knees. But Dr. Brown thought he was pretty sore in his hocks. We x-rayed them and really found nothing exciting. So that's good news. I'm just a little worried about him being sore there too. But he seemed to adjust out of it a good bit, so.. fingers crossed. :) 


So we headed home and turned him loose. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy all day!! Argh... I'm hoping to be motivated enough to haul to High Point tomorrow so I can ride. Or hoping that it will rain itself out in the morning and I can ride at Ashland or the Horse Park. 

Then Saturday I'll play at Ashland again and then on Sunday, I'm headed to Cedar Ridge. We'll see how he feels and then I can have a better idea of what to do about FENCE. 

Fingers crossed :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment