Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Intervals and Icing

This morning was a bit rushed as I had to get back in time for my Mom to come visit with my four nephews. Then this evening I'm heading to Atlanta (The Optimist!!! YAY!) for dinner with Dad, Mike and Gramma. So... I got up early, cleaned the house, and put Fleck in the trailer. We got to Ashland and I tacked up and headed out. We did a ten minute walk warm up and then started our intervals. I did three 5 minute trot sets, with a 2 minute break in between each. Then we did a 3 minute breather before we did our canter sets. We only did two 4 minute sets but with only a 2 minute breather in between. And our canters included little bursts of gallops. :) Then we spent another 5 minutes or so walking to cool down. Fleck went from 80 breaths/minute post.. then 5 minutes later he was down to 60, then another 2 minutes later he was down to 40. And within 10 minutes post he was eating grass. So not too bad considering I technically haven't done any true interval work this year. Then we went to his lake and soaked for a few and headed back in. I ended up trotting back up to the barn some because of time but he was happy to go. He got iced on the way home and is back out enjoying the grass :)





No comments:

Post a Comment