Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Prelim Test B

So after I dealt with the mess that Danny and Fleck had created in the feed room... I hauled Fleck out to Ashland to practice some dressage. And wow... this horse is just so easy suddenly. I'm sure I'm not being quite as tough as I could be, but he's really just so fun and easy to ride lately. It was great. We warmed up and had some really good stuff. We worked on leg yielding and then shoulder ins and even turn on the haunches. We also worked on our canter stuff and dammmmnnn if our canter to walk to canters on the three loop aren't getting good!!! Too bad I still can't figure out how to do them on the diagonal ;) But they got better.

Then we went to the upper ring, which was much sloppier, and ran through Prelim Test B twice. It went pretty good. But at the second canter Fleck suddenly felt like he was stuck in the mud. I think somehow I'm blocking him because when I went up into two point and let him do a stretchy canter.. he felt normal. But when I sat back down and collected him.. he felt crabby... Like he didn't want to either stretch out his left side or collect and bend his right side. It was odd. I couldn't figure it out. He was happy enough to canter, but seriously felt stuck behind. I'm guessing I'm blocking him somehow because in two point.. back to normal. Argh.. but other than that.. not too bad considering we hadn't ridden in it awhile. Of course now I think I like Test A better, but oh well. ;)

We then took another hack. Of course ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment