Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dressage Schooling Show.. mehhhhh

Friday, February 22, 2008

Fleck and I started the year with a dressage schooling show at Ashland Farm. We did First level 2 and 4. It was a good show, but definitely not our best. Not by any means. And it's a little frustrating cause we keep getting the same marks and the same comments. Though I swear I'm working on it. But... oh well. We just can't manage to break 60. Fleck looked spiffy though!! Although... i attempted to braid him this time... yeah, not so much! We'll definitely be going back to the roaching as the braids accentuated the ewe-neckedness. poor guy! But my braiding job was pretty good considering it was our first time. Oh well, now I know that he's a roaching kinda guy.

So anyways... We ended up with two first places! Whoo hoo. But don't get too excited. In 1-2 there was 3 of us, and i technically had 2nd place until the first place girl was disqualified. Then in 1-4 there was just me and fleck, so...yeah. But he was a very good boy and we both looked smashing (aside from the ewe neck).
Here's a few pics of him and his ribbon and then his awful braided self!



Next week we're off to NC for the Ark HT. Will keep you posted! (and by you, i mean anyone who actually reads this???? maybe just myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment